- Blueberry Cannoli Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes topped with blueberry compote and a sweetened ricotta cheese.
- Raspberry Peach Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes topped with sweet peaches & drizzled with a raspberry sauce.
- Strawberry Banana Cream Pie Pancakes: Buttermilk pancakes layered with banana cream, topped with glazed strawberries & sliced fresh bananas.
FRESH FRUIT PANCAKES
IHOP Copycat Recipe
Start by making IHOP's BASIC BUTTERMILK PANCAKES. Then add the topping of your choice.
BLUEBERRY CANNOLI PANCAKES
1/2 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed (drained, if needed)
1 teaspoon brown sugar (not packed)
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup light/low-fat ricotta cheese
1 no calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
1 drop vanilla extract
Blueberry Topping: Place the blueberries in a large microwave-safe mug sprayed with nonstick spray. Stir in 2 teaspoons water. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cornstarch, and stir to coat. Microwave for 1 minute, or until hot. Stir, and spoon over pancakes.
Cannoli Topping: In a small bowl, mix ingredients all the ingredients together. Spoon over blueberry topping.
RASPBERRY PEACH PANCAKES
Skip both the blueberry and cannoli toppings. Top the pancakes with canned peach slices (packed in juice, and then drained), and drizzle with a sauce made from raspberry preserves mixed with a little water.
STRAWBERRY BANANA CREAM PANCAKES
Just mash some very ripe banana into the cannoli topping, and spread between the pancakes. Then replace the blueberry topping with sliced strawberries gently coated with strawberry preserves, plus banana slices.
Notes: Finish off your creation with some whipped cream.
IHOP always features a variety of pancakes based on fresh fruits. And you can do the same at home when planning your IHOP inspired pancake creation.
- Spring is berry season so you might see Sweet Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Double Blueberry, Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake or Strawberry Passion Fruit pancakes on the menu.
- The Summertime menu might feature Banana Macadamia Nut, Pineapple Upside Down, Banana Split, South Pacific Pancakes
- The flavors of Fall are all about apples and pumpkins so you might see Caramel Apple, Cinnamon Apple Coffeecake, Pumpkin Praline or Cinnamon Stack Pancakes.